Grant Rewards News Update from Rest Haven Foundation
We have the absolute BEST donors!!!!
Engaging the people who call Rest Haven Lodge home by including lifelong passions in their daily routine can make a profound difference in their quality of life, EVERYDAY!
Thanks to our fundraising initiatives, generous family & friends, and community donations, the Rest Haven Foundation is able to provide enhancements for the Rest Haven Lodge beyond what the Vancouver Island Health Authority, and other key health and long term care support agencies, are able to provide. We wanted to let you know your generous donations have made possible these most recent enhancements:
- 2017: $13,200 for the purchase of 8 custom made bolstered mattresses @ $1,650 each. Some residents require enhanced safety measures to ensure they do not fall out of bed. The bolstered mattresses help to prevent injuries.
- 2017: $13,000 for 1 year support of Music Therapy sessions from Sept 1, 2017 to Aug 31, 2018
- 2017: $2,400 for 1 year support of Sunshine Clown Programming (100/session x 24 sessions)
- 2017: $2,000 for 73 individual Memory Box Project for each resident
- 2017: $2,600 for 1 year support of specialized Yoga Therapy sessions ($50/session x 52 sessions)
- 2017: $6,300 for 1st annual Senior’s Summer Camp Program – 5 days/week, 5 hours/day August – September – with majority of funding going towards the purchase of specialized activity equipment and furniture that will not only be used for future Summer Camps, but for all year round events at Rest Haven Lodge.
- 2017: $23,000 for 16 NEW adjustable tables for 2nd & 3rd floor. These specially designed tables provide residents, family and staff with a functional, comfortable environment for meal / activity times.
- 2017: ongoing funding support for the monthly Sun Shine Clown Society visits, monthly support for the Panorama Swim Program, and the extremely popular Music Therapy Program.
- 2016: $1,665 for enrollment fees to send 8 Nursing Assistants to the Heart and Hands Conference with a focus on palliative care education.
- 2016: $13,000 to furnish and decorate the Rest Haven Lodge Family Room. Majority of funds were used to purchase a sofa bed, 2 bed chairs, and end tables. This specialty room is for families to utilize and have a quiet and comfortable place to consult with staff, a social worker or other professional staff, or to have a place to sleep while visiting with a loved one.
- 2016: ongoing funding support for the monthly Sun Shine Clown Society visits, and ongoing support for the monthly Panorama Swim Program
We will be reviewing new grant requests over the next couple of months and hope to have more good news to share with you soon.
Thank you once again for your donations and support.
With sincerest gratitude,
Rest Haven Foundation
Questions can be directed to Sharon Mason, Treasurer at email@example.com
Make a difference in the lives of the people in the community by making a contribution today to the Rest Haven Foundation
Open Your Heart
Help us help the community as we provide support for Rest Haven Lodge. Show your support.
Stay connected through our events.